Tuesday's weekly selection of new tunes and sessions comprising this week's 'Staff Picks' from the Gigseen TV office ... New music featured from Jack Savoretti, Newton Faulkner, Metric, and an ÜBER-TONE remix of Heath:ward.
Heath:ward - Acidations (ÜBER-TONE Re-Work) (selected by Grim) - A moodily infectious remix of Heath:ward's Acidations here from ÜBER-TONE. The track comes from single Orange and is now available worldwide ahead of Heath:ward's album release (Amoeba) on 2nd July 2012.
Heathward play Blissfields Festival (29/06- 01/07), Lubstock (13/07 - 15/07), Pulse Festival (01/09) and Bestival (06/09 - 09/09). ÜBER-TONE played last Friday at Brighton's Latest Music Bar, which I sadly missed but I'm sure there'll be more dates shortly...
Jack Savoretti - Take Me Home (selected by Kate) - Since re-emerging on the live scene at the beginning of last year, acclaimed singer songwriter Jack Savoretti has been showcasing new material with his new band The Dirty Romantics and captivating audiences wherever he goes. His new single, Take Me Home, has a soothing folk-pop style with a big chorus and meaningful vocals. If you like the sound of this, you can catch him at a show:
Jack Savoretti is on tour NOW:
- 20th June - Bush Hall, London
- 21st June - Brighton Ballroom
- 14th July - Hard Rock Calling Festival, London
- 11th August - Wilderness Festival, Oxfordshire
Metric - Youth Without Youth (selected by Matt) - Metric are a band with an eclectic, adventurous outlook, whose music encompasses elements of synth pop, new wave, dance-rock, and electronica and whose hometown has vacillated between Toronto, Montreal, New York, Los Angeles, and London over the course of the group's existence. Youth Without Youth comes from their fifth studio album Synthetica which is due for release on the 24th June. You can catch the band live in early July starting at Shepherds Bush Empire on the 2nd.
Metric Tour Dates:
- Mon 2 July - Shepherds Bush Empire
- Fri 6 July - Wireless Festival 2012
- Sat 7 July - The Ritz, Manchester
- Sun 8 July - 02 Academy, Oxford
Newton Faulkner - Clouds (selected by Kate) - Clouds is the comeback single from the singer-songwriter via Blue Sky Music, featuring his distinctive guitar playing. Newton has announced a tour for October this year:
Newton Faulker October Tourdates:
- Mon 1st - Liquid Room, Edinburgh
- Wed 3rd - O2 ABC, Glasgow
- Thu 4th - The Ironworks, Inverness
- Sun 7th - Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
- Tue 9th - O2 Academy, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Wed 10th - O2 Apollo, Manchester
- Thu 11th - O2 Academy, Liverpool
- Fri 12th - Barbican Centre, York
- Sun 14th - O2 Academy, Leeds
- Mon 15th - New Theatre, Oxford
- Tue 16th - O2 Academy, Leicester
- Thu 18th - O2 Academy, Birmingham
- Fri 19th - O2 Academy, Bournemouth
- Sat 20th - University of Exeter, Exeter
- Mon 22nd - O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire, London