09/04/2012

My Bloody Valentine LP In The Works?

A new My Bloody Valentine album might be on its way soon, singer and guitarist Kevin Shields revealed in an interview with Pitchfork.


While the shoegazers are reissuing a string of albums from their back catalog on May 7th, this would be the first new LP from the band in 21 years. Their last one being 1991's Loveless. Shields confirmed that the whole band is working on the album together and commented:


"I'm just finishing a record that I had started in the 90s. I've always said that we were going to make a record again. You never know, we might finish it really quickly, and it might be up in a few months! I tend to work really quickly, suddenly, and I might be willing to do that right now. We'll see!"


Wise breaths are not being held...