09/04/2012

Album Stream From Spiritualized

Spiritualized's seventh album, Sweet Heart Sweet Light, won’t be released by Fat Possum Records until April 17th. However, it is now being streamed right now at NPR.org.


Recorded over the past two years in Wales, Los Angeles and Reykjavik, and mixed for a year in the confines of mastermind Jason Pierce’s (aka J. Spaceman) own home, the album spans 11 tracks and incorporates a number of influences. As Pierce explained in an issued statement:


"This time around, I wanted to do something that encompassed all I love in rock ‘n’ roll music. It’s got everything from Brötzmann and Berry right through to Dennis and Brian Wilson. I’m obsessed with music and the way you put it together and I don’t believe there are any rules."


Track Listing:


  • 01. Huh? (Intro)
  • 02. Hey Jane
  • 03. Little Girl
  • 04. Get What You Want
  • 05. Too Late
  • 06. Heading For The Top
  • 07. Freedom
  • 08. I Am What I Am
  • 09. Mary
  • 10. Life Is A Problem
  • 11. So Long You Pretty Things