14/04/2012

Public Image Ltd. First Album In 20 Years

Public Image Ltd. can confirm that their first new album in 20 years This Is PiL is set to be released on May 28th and will contain 12 tracks. The album is self-funded by PiL and will be released on PiL's own label 'PiL Official' via Cargo UK Distribution. All the new material was recorded in the UK last year at Steve Winwood's studio in the Cotswolds.


John Lydon states:


"Well, 12 songs, where do I begin? Everything and anything that attracts my attention. 'One Drop' is about my early youth in Finsbury Park. Fantastic! Hello, we're all teenagers don't you forget it! At any age, stay young. 'Lollipop Opera' is basically a beautiful bunch of background noise and music to sum up Britain and all its wonderful ambidextrousness! 'The Room I Am In' well that's about drugs and council flats. And there's a tragedy that still continues. 'I Must Be Dreaming' Well, you know, I must be to put up with these governments."


Following on from their monumental live performance at BBC Radio 6 Birthday Celebrations at Queen Elizabeth Hall on Friday March 16th which saw PiL include and baptise 2 new songs: Deeper Water and One Drop, PiL also played 2 very special shows at London's Heaven showcasing more tracks from the new album.


This Is PiL track listing


  • 1. This Is PiL
  • 2. One Drop
  • 3. Deeper Water
  • 4. Terra-Gate
  • 5. Human
  • 6. I Must Be Dreaming
  • 7. It Said That
  • 8. The Room I Am In
  • 9. Lollipop Opera
  • 10. Fool
  • 11. Reggie Song
  • 12. Out Of The Woods