08/04/2012

Hyde Park To Be Blur's Curtain Call?

Damon Albarn has once again indicated that Blur's summer gig in Hyde Park could be the band's final performance together. In an interview with The Guardian, the frontman, who is currently promoting his debut solo album and opera project, Dr. Dee, told the newspaper that it would be the end to Blur he would have hoped for.


When asked if the Hyde Park show would be the band's last, Albarn replied "I think so, yeah", before saying:


"I hope that's the truth: that that's how we end it. I don't know: you can write scripts, and they always end up going…well, one thing I've learned is that everything I think I've got totally sorted out, and I know exactly what's going to happen, never works out that way..."


Albarn also hinted that the band had struggled in attempting to record new music together, adding:


"I find it very easy to record with Graham. He's a daily musician. With the other two, it's harder for them to reconnect. You know what I mean? It's fine when we play live – it's really magical still – but actually recording new stuff, and swapping musical influences… it's quite difficult."


In a previous interview, Albarn admitted similar feelings, saying:


"I don’t really do anything with Blur any more - there’s this concert this year but its not a full time thing at all. Maybe this tune's a last little coda to the whole story."