18/03/2012

Solo LP Upcoming From Eagles' Glenn Frey

Another veteran rocker takes on the standards. This time around it is the Eagles' Glenn Frey who will release his take on the pop music of the 40's through the 60's with After Hours. The Universal release will be out May 8, and has recently been highlighted with a short trailer video.



Frey says he prefers to call this an album of romantic songs rather than give it the "standards" label however.


"This isn’t really a standards record — it’s more about these romantic songs…Except for Route 66, they’re all love songs. And even in Route 66, love’s drivin’, and he loves giving directions!"


This is Frey's first solo album in twenty years, going back to 1992's Strange Weather. When asked why this and why now, he said,


"This was the right time to do it. It was time for me to do something like this. I'm actually happy that I didn't make this record until now because I think I've matured as a musician and my appreciation has matured...it was the right time to do it.

"For me, for my parents. My sincere hope is that somehow, people who haven’t heard this music will come across it and be introduced to some great songs."


Track Listing:


  • For Sentimental Reason
  • My Buddy
  • Route 66
  • The Shadow Of Your Smile
  • Here's To Life
  • It's Too Soon To Know
  • Caroline, No
  • The Look Of Love
  • I'm Getting Old Before My Time
  • Same Girl
  • After Hours
  • The Good Life (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
  • Worried Mind (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
  • I Wanna Be Around (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)