09/03/2012

Arctic Monkeys Eager To Start New Album

Arctic Monkeys' Alex Turner has said that he wants to start writing the band's new album.


In recent interviews, frontman, Alex Turner, said that he was eager to start working on new material for the follow up to last year's Suck It And See. However, the band are currently in the middle of a huge tour across the USA and Canada supporting Rock n Rollers, The Black Keys on their arena tour. Turner also stated whether he had been working on new material while on the road:


"A bit. I don't try to write on the road. I might try to this time, just for a change. Usually, I get home and I realize it's bad, so I've not done it in the past. We've messed around in sound checks, but I'm not gonna meet a deadline, and it's not like I need to write, though I want a head start for the next time around".


Last month, Arctic Monkeys debuted their latest single, R U Mine, which wasn't featured on Suck It And See and their tongue-in-cheek video to accompany it has already seen millions of views. Last week (February 2th), the band took home the Best Live Band award at this year's NME Awards at London's O2 Academy Brixton.